It ain’t Christmas without a ham, amirite? There’s just something so quintessentially Kiwi about ham sandwiches on fresh white bread at Christmas time (the only time I actually eat white bread).
This year, we’re keeping it really simple and have asked my parents for a Christmas ham as our gift (my Mum does the best honey glazed ham with cloves – yum).
But what do you do when the sight of a ham sammie is just too much to bear? When you’re all hammed-out but can’t bear to waste any.
What is a mother to do with all the leftover ham taking up space in the fridge?
Never fear, KMM has a solution. Fire up your Instapot or Slow Cooker and try out these leftover ham recipes.
Leftover Ham Recipes
- Southern Style Ham and Beans – By Reuse Grow Enjoy
- Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin – By Kalyns Kitchen
- Ham-ocado Egg Bites – By Mash Up mom
- Ham Salad – By Anns Entitled Life
- Slow Cooker Ham and Northern Beans – By Simple Saving Savvy
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes & Ham – By Must Have Mom
- Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup – By Dinner, Then Dessert
- Broccoli and Ham Quiche – By Anns Entitled Life
- Ham and Potato InstaPot Soup – By Mash Up Mom
- Ham Fried Rice – By Coffee With Us 3
- Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs – By Kalyns Kitchen
- Bacon, Ham & Roasted Apple Grilled Cheese – By This Momma Loves
- Cheesy Ham & Egg Sandwiches – By Thrifty Jinxy
- Ham & Split Pea Soup – By Culinary Ginger
- Ham & Cheese Tater Tot Casserole – By This Momma Loves
There’s no need to eat ham sandwiches for the next month (although I am partial to a good ham sammie).
With these Christmas leftover recipes, you can reduce waste, maximise the value you get from your Christmas ham and maybe add a few new recipes to your repertoire. It’s a win-win-win!
Like it? Pin it for later.